Namaste. Ciao. Salâm. Bonjour. Greetings. Hello.
Thank you for your interest in my work and stopping by. I am a self-taught artist and photographer, starting at a young age I loved the arts and to aid in an increasing desire for capturing light and people’s emotions, I turned to photography. I have received the following honors in recognition of my photography:
- Honorable Mention from the International Photography Awards on five still life images between 2010 and 2011
- Finalist in the Photographer's Forum magazine's 31st Annual Spring Photography Contest 2011
- Honorable Mention from Moscow International Foto Awards 2014
- My still life and product images have been used by various magazines, newspapers, “Multiple Sclerosis Association of America” in fund raising campaigns and on the cover of “When The Bough Breaks”, published in Australia. Currently some of my stock work can be purchased through Getty Image.
8 Random Things About Me:
- Favorite old master painters include – Caravaggio, Sir Henry Raeburn, Willem Kalf & Raphaelle Peale.
- I can’t edit photos without chewing gum; I am kind of like a pilot that way.
- I was bit by the travel bug quite young, my travel wish list started at age 5 with the Southern Cross (still haven’t checked this one off.).
- I love a good strong chai, sky high heels in bright colors and red lipstick.
- I am something of a book worm and you will find on my bookshelves “Jane Eyre”(my favorite) and such diverse things as “The History of India” all the way to “M: The Man Who Became Caravaggio”, and “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy”.
- My taste in things can be summed up in three words; Contrast. Drama. Spice. I love contrasty photos, lighting, colors, landscapes, foods and flavors, faces and music.
- Bucket list items include: Try tintype photography, learn to surf, sit in the middle of a full orchestra playing, stay in "Giraffe Manor" Nairobi Kenya, drive the Nurburgring, and see the Cape of Good Hope South Africa.
- I believe everyone is beautiful and eagerly look for opportunities to show that.
Obtaining My Work
My images can be found for sale with Getty Image and I am available for portrait or freelance work, just drop me a line via my contact page.